1. Where do you buy your books from?
I buy my books from a lot of different places. The one place I buy from most frequently is Book Outlet. They have so many great books for such great prices. I also buy from Book Depository (free shipping, yay!), AbeBooks, Amazon, and Chapters.
2. Do you ever pre orders book and if so do you do this in store or online?
I don’t pre-order books very often, but if I do, it’s generally online either from Book Depository, Amazon or Chapters.
3. On average, how many books do you buy a month?
This number varies. It depends on whether there’s a sale on Book Outlet, and on how many book hauls I watch on booktube. It’s been lessening over the past few months because I haven’t had a lot of time to read.
4. Do you use your local library?
I don’t usually use the local library to check out books. I really should get more into the habit of using it because it would save my wallet from stress and pain.
5. If so- how my books can you/do you borrow at a time?
I’m not sure how many books my local library allows you to check out at a time, but I definitely need to look into it.
6. What is your opinion on library books?
I like library books, I just kind of forget that they exist because I spend all my time in the university library, which is just filled with academic and reference books.
7. How do you feel about charity shop/second hand books?
I love going into charity shops and second hand bookstores. The best kinds of books to find are the really old ones. One of my favourite used book stores I’ve ever been to was in Savannah, Georgia. It was called The Book Lady Bookstore, and I bought a beautiful boxed set of LoTR.
8. Do you keep your read and TBR pile together/on the same book shelf or not?
All of my books are on the same shelf. I really need more space for books, and more space for another bookshelf.
9. Do you plan to read all of the books that you own?
I don’t know if I will read all the books I own. I had a lot of books on my shelf that were YA vampire/paranormal romance books from my Twilight phase. I eventually stopped reading for a while after this phase, so I decided to get rid of those. I plan to give each book 50-100 pages (depending on the length of the book) before I decide if I want to continue with them.
10. What do you do with books you that you own that you feel you will never read/felt you did not enjoy?
If I know I’m never going to read a book, I’ll get rid of it. I used to feel the need to keep every book I owned because they were like my prized possessions, but now I’ll donate them or give them to friends.
11. Have you ever donated books?
I have donated many books to my local high school library.
12. Have you ever been on a book buying ban?
I’ve tried to impose a book buying ban on myself, but it hasn’t worked out very well because I have no self control. It’s a problem.
13. Do you feel that you buy too many books?
My friends and family probably feel like i buy too many books, but I just like to have a lot of options, and I feel like a lot of booktubers who have larger TBRs than me validate that for me. I love books, and I don’t see a problem with collecting a bucketload of them. I get so excited about new books that I forget that they’ll still exist (except for the fact that they go out of stock really quickly on Book Outlet, so it enables my excessive book buying).
Where do you guys buy your books? I’d love to hear your answers, let’s discuss in the comments!